This document explains how to install BIMData.io applications on your servers.
You can test our products on our SaaS Platform (opens new window).
# How to have access to on-premises
You must contact our sales services to have access to the necessary resources for the installation.
The BIMData.io softwares are separated into multiple components, each one with its role.
# Web applications
Web applications are the components with which the users interact:
- Bimdata Connect: manage users and authentication,
- Bimdata API: to interact with the data,
- Bimdata Platform: allow the use of the previous components in our ergonomic interface.
The plaform is split in two components:
- Bimdata Marketplace: to manage differents plugins.
The Marketplace is split in two components:
- Bimdata Archive: to download zip archives from the DMS.
- Bimdata Documentation: a copy of our documentation, in the right version, so you can always access it.
Workers are the components that will be used to extract, transform, convert or produce data from models or other documents. There are a lot of different workers:
# Third-party components
Bimdata.io softwares need other components to work:
- Keycloak (opens new window): an open-source identify and access management solution used for the authentication,
- Postgresql (opens new window): an open-source relational database used to store structured data; Used by all BIMData.io backends and keycloak,
- RabbitMQ (opens new window): an open-source message broker used for asynchronous communications between our components. Used by Workers.
They can also use some optional components:
- an SMTP server to send mail,
- an Object Storage (like S3) to store uploaded files.
There are a lot of different components, it can be complicated to understand their interactions, so we hope this diagram can help you to apprehend the different network flows: